Find your Brave – Children’s Mental Health Week 3-9th February 2020
Bravery isn’t the absence of fear but taking action in the face of fear
It’s Place to Be’s Children’s mental health week and this years theme is ‘Find your brave’ .Unfortunately 10% of young people struggle with their mental health and 50% of mental health problems are established by the age of 14 years old .Many young people struggle , are isolated, struggle going to school and maintaining friendships which effects their well being which I know all to well as a psychotherapist
Its important to use these approaches and considerations when supporting young people:
- Be kind to young people , show compassion and don’t be judgemental
- An angry young person may be experiencing anxiety and depression which is fueling the irritability
- Don’t judge a book by its cover as many people struggling with their mental health and walking around with big smiles on their faces and may be the life and soul of the party.
- Engage with active listening
- Normalize their experiences as this can reduce the emotional distress and perceived stigma experienced
Accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
To book a FREE consultation or to discuss therapy for your children phone 0161 955 4720 or email email@example.com
Get your free assessment
For your free 30 minute telephone assessment to help understand your needs and find out how we can work together click the button below and arrange a time to suit you.